SELECTION POLICY GUIDELINES
- NB: OXFC specific eligibility guidelines can be interpreted on a case-by-case basis as required.
- They do not supersede or eliminate the VAFA eligibility requirements.
- Coaches of all teams are expected to adhere to the guidelines when selecting their lineups each weekend.
- The best 44 senior .players at the Club are selected in the 1st XVIII and 2nd XVIII each week
- Players who have graduated from the Under 19 program are automatically eligible for 1st XVIII, 2nd XVIII and 3rd XVIII Red (Under 23s).
- Each coach of the respective teams are allowed full autonomy in their weekly selection of teams, subject to eligibility requirements below.
- Selection of teams should be based on the premise that the best available players who have satisfied all Club requirements (e.g. paid subs and registered with the VAFA etc.) are selected first. Rotation of players will be inevitable, but should not be an over-arching selection policy.
- Our football team structure provides every player with an opportunity to play at the highest level possible.
- The 3rd XVIII teams should be striving to push talent up to the 1st XVIII and 2nd XVIII without restriction.
- The two 3rd XVIII teams are equal feeders of players into the 2nd XVIII (based on next available talent to be promoted).
- The Club XVIII (Crocs) team is the most ‘stand-alone’ of the three teams and can utilise players from both 3rd XVIII teams where required, but will rarely (if ever) promote into the Seniors teams.
- Thirds players will be allocated a “home” team based on eligibility requirements below.
3rd & CLUB XVIII TEAMS
Old Xavs Blacks (Ménages)
- A players may be selected in the Reserves if a spot is available and the Reserves/3rd XVIII coaches believe he is the next best available player.
- A player not selected in Reserves will default back to the Old Xavs Blacks team if he is 24 years or older at 1 July 2018 and/or finished VCE Year 12 in 2012 or earlier.
- A player not selected in this team can play Club XVIII if (1) there is a spot available and (2) subject to VAFA eligibility rules
- A Player 23 years or younger at 1 July 2018 may be allowed to play with the 3rd XVIII Black if he has an older brother already in the team.
Old Xavs Reds (23 & Under)
- A player may be selected in the Reserves if a spot is available and the Reserves/3rd XVIII coaches believe he is the next best available player.
- A player not selected in the Reserves will default back to the Old Xavs Reds team if he is 23 years or younger at 1 July 2018 and/or finished VCE Year 12 in 2013 or later.
- A players not selected in this team can play Club XVIII if (1) there is a spot available and (2) subject to VAFA eligibility rules.